Monday, January 02, 2006

 

Jellyfish Girls



We all know the old song: "Jellyfish girls, won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight? Jellyfish girls, won't you come out tonight, and swim by the light of the moon?"

This thing took me 5 years to paint. The girls are from live models, but I just made up the jellyfish. When I started it, I took it as far as I could at the time, but it still looked harsh and unconvincing to me, so I stuck it away in storage and didn't look at it for several years. Then one day I stumbled upon it while trying to find something else, and suddenly I could see how, by using glazes, I could bring the image closer to my original idea. While I was working on it, my son suggested some very nice finishing touches, which I incorporated into the painting. The piece was in a gallery for a short while. Fishermen liked it.

This is an acrylic painting on watercolor paper, about 18" x 24". It's worth 350.00 to me; or 75.00 for a signed, matted, high resolution print.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?