Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

Roundup Time on the Molecule farm



This picture is the progenitor of a lot of my work. Late one rainy summer evening we were driving through a semi-rural section of Highway 70. As we drove by a horse farm, I was certain I saw a sign over the gate saying "The Molecule Farm". Startled, I asked my wife if that sign had really said "Molecule Farm". She burst out laughing, and I knew I had something. So I wrote down "molecule farm" in my sketchbook, and this drawing eventually grew out of that. To this day, I don't know where that horse farm is. We have driven that stretch of highway dozens of times, but I have never seen anything like a "Molecule Farm" sign again. So I'm thinking maybe it was a divine vision.

Sacred as it is to me, I would still be happy to see this drawing find a new home for $350.00, or do a signed, matted high resolution print for $75.00.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?